With Veteran’s Day this past week and the holidays creeping up upon us, we turn our thoughts towards our troops that are currently serving us overseas. We would like to send care packages to let them know GCS is thinking and praying for them.
The service members overseas that are part of the Grace Christian School family are:
1st Lt. Daniel Jentz
2nd Lt. Matthew Hatter
Capt. Todd Graham
Capt. Homer Edwards
Four priority mailboxes will be located with the service members’ names on them in the Elementary Office. The boxes will be mailed December 14th.
We invite you to contribute as you feel led.
Items To Send:
- Letters and drawings from the students
- Holiday themed movies or comedies on DVD
- Alaska-type magazines or fishing magazines
- High protein energy bars
- Baby wipes
- Emergen-C tablets
- Crystal Light packets
- Darn Tough socks
- Foot powder
- Lip balm
- Lollipops or hard candies for the local children
- Popular books
- Snack foods, i.e. Girl Scout cookies are popular!
Items Not To Send:
- Chocolate—it melts
- War related movies or books
- Aerosols or liquid items
- Weapons or items that resemble weapons, toy water guns, etc.
- Fragile items that could break
Any questions, please contact Amy Reed 306-0698. Thank you!