The GCS School Board has affirmed the Delinquent Account Policy and has placed the following into effect beginning the 2014-15 school year. The policy is effective July 1, 2014 if accounts are past due. Otherwise, policy is effective after the first infraction.
FACTS collection attempts are made beginning on either July 20th or August 5th for a total of 10 collection attempts per school year. FACTS will re-attempt to collect 10 days after any failed collection attempt. If families refuse to use FACTS, they will be charged a $100/month processing fee.
It is the family’s responsibility to contact the School Board’s Finance Committee through the Business Manager, Julie Boerger (644-2244), and be proactive in their tuition management plan.
1st Failed FACTS Collection Attempt:
The family will receive a FACTS-generated email if a payment is not collected when FACTS makes the first attempt for any given month during the payment cycle. No further contact with family will be made unless there is a problematic payment history as determined collectively by the school’s Business and Finance Managers.
2nd Failed FACTS Collection Attempt or 1st w/Problematic History or 1 month behind on payments:
In addition to the above email – family will be requested to come to school and sign letter regarding failed FACTS collection attempt, amount due school and acknowledgement of receipt of Delinquent Account Policy.
The following will be in effect:
1. Until the account is fully paid, all students in the family may not participate in extracurricular activities and all trips (including but not limited to any sports practice, camp, tournament or be considered part of a Grace sports team as member, manager or otherwise, drama, music, mission trips, graduation ceremonies, Student Council, field trips, high school retreat, or other activities requiring overnight stay) regardless if infraction occurs after an activity/season has begun. All students in the family may participate in class trips that are part of class work for a grade.
2. School records (including but not limited to diplomas, schedules, transcripts, report cards, test information) will not be released until the outstanding balance is paid in full. Renweb account will be deactivated.
3rd Failed FACTS Collection Attempt or 2 months behind on payments:
1. The family will be contacted by the school and a meeting will be set to occur within one week between the family and the GCS School Board Finance Committee.
2. All sanctions in prior section (2nd failed attempt/problematic history) will be enforced.
3. All students in the family will be suspended (not allowed to be on campus) until account is paid in full.
4. If paid in full within 5 school days and case is reviewed and approved by School Board – absences will be “excused”. School work will be subject to policy covering same as found in Student Handbook.
4th Failed FACTS Collection Attempt or 3 months behind on payments:
All students in the family will be dis-enrolled at Grace Christian School. No records will be released until account is paid in full.