Class Ambassadors (7-12)
Class Ambassadors are part of VolunteerConnect at GCS. Class Ambassadors work in pairs with two for each grade level from 7-12th. They are instrumental in supporting the school’s mission in two ways.
- Nurturing Relationships: GCS Class Ambassadors have a vital role in helping to support and maintain a strong Grace Christian School community into the secondary years. This is accomplished by acting as a point of contact and actively nurturing relationships with new and existing parents of Grace students. Extending beyond the classroom and into the community, these relationships and networks help to maintain and reinforce the school’s strong foundation for the future.
- Event Support: GCS Class Ambassadors support the school’s mission by supporting Advancement-related events related to their children's grade level. These events that underpin the spirit, vitality, and culture of the Grace Community. Ambassadors are expected to actively recruit volunteers from their respective grade levels to support these events. See the general schedule here.
Specific Duties of Class Ambassadors
Time Commitment: 2-5 hours per month
- Welcome new families within your child’s grade in the fall and throughout the school year
- New Family Orientation: Attend and represent your year level at this event during Back to School Night in August
- Stay informed: With help from the Advancement Coordinator, keep track of upcoming Advancement Events and recruit volunteers from your class group via email or in person
- Annual Fall Auction: Be willing to act as or recruit a basket coordinator for your year group
- Be involved: Attend events, school functions and activities as much as possible
- Communicate: Keep in touch with the Advancement Coordinator on your efforts and be prepared to communicate information to parents and other school resources from time to time