We are delighted to announce our theme for the 2018-2019 school year: “Stand Up, Be Bold” Romans 12:2, Acts 4:29. At the end of each school year, the newly elected student council convenes to pray, discuss and brainstorm the theme for the upcoming year.
All high school students depart for the Fall Retreat on Wednesday, August 22nd at 8:00 a.m. from Life Church at 12245 Jerome St. Students NEED to be in parking lot and boarding buses no later than 7:45. They will return to Life Church on Friday, August 24th, around 3:00 p.m. Please be punctual as we depart at 8:00 a.m. sharp on Wed. and need to be cleared out of the Life Church parking lot by 3:30 on Friday. Victory Bible Camp’s number is (907) 745-4203 and should only be used in case of serious emergency. All Student Handbook rules apply at the Fall Retreat.
Students, please bring the following to the Fall Retreat:
- Your completed and signed Permission Slip/Medical Waiver. You cannot attend without it. Since we leave for the Fall Retreat on Wednesday, you may turn it in at registration, the first day of school or FAX (644-2261) it in on or before Tuesday. Please avoid the mail because of possible delays.
- Bible, notebook, & pen
- Water bottle
- Sleeping bag & pillow
- Rugged, outdoor, & play clothes for 3 days. Include modest swimwear if you like icy cold water.
- Hat, warm coat, closed-toe shoes
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, comb or brush, eyewear, shampoo, soap, towel
- No money is needed unless you want to spend it at the snack bar
- Your great, hard-working, cooperative attitude
- An open heart to hear God speaking
Do NOT bring:
- Knives (including Leathermans)
Fall Retreat Rules
- Participate fully, cheerfully, and appropriately.
- Let kindness and truth never leave you. No hazing or initiations.
- All Grace Student Handbook rules apply.
- Always be where you are supposed to be. An adult should always know where you are. Stay on camp property.
- Report to every meal, every activity and every meeting as assigned, unless excused by the nurse.
- You must wear a life jacket if you are in a canoe or boat or being pulled by one. Do not enter water without lifeguard present.
- Be kind to all camp property and personnel. Make “please” and “thank you” a habit.
- If you have any medication with you, you must make sure it gets to the nurse. If you become ill, make sure you notify an adult and get the nurse’s permission to NOT participate.
- Please turn in any valuables to Mr. Jackson.
- Hats off during meetings.
- No cabin/room switches.
- Boys stay away from girls’ cabins and girls stay away from boys’ cabins.
Chaperones are to be spread out among the students. Remain seated at all times while the bus is running. Follow all instructions of bus drivers and chaperones immediately, completely, and cheerfully.
Serious offenses (e.g., curfew violation, skipping assigned meetings or activities, etc.) will have consequences, possibly including a car ride back to Anchorage as soon as possible.