Greetings from the leadership team of the Grace Parent Advisory Council (GracePAC). What a challenging time we are living through, but by all observations the Lord is carrying our school through with His gracious hand of protection. After much discussion amongst our leadership team, we agreed that it is best to mutually focus on the safety of keeping the school and academic and athletic programming going smoothly in the midst of this ongoing challenge. As a result, we have made the decision to suspend onsite and in-person GracePAC meetings for this first semester. We plan on resuming meetings at the school in January 2021. In the meantime, please join us in continuing to pray for the school board, administration, faculty, staff & students through this first semester. Soli Deo Gloria! – Cortland Reger
Who is GracePAC?
What do we do?
Within the Anchorage Grace Church (AGC)—Grace Christian School (GCS) governance framework, the Parent Advisory Council (GracePAC) desires to support, and where appropriate under the GCS Bylaws, partner with the Grace Christian School Board and the faculty, staff, and administration in the accomplishment of the mission, vision, and values of Grace Christian School.
The Parent Advisory Council of Grace Christian School, as members of the Body of Christ, and as leaders within our homes, seek opportunities to positively advance the essential partnership between parents and the Grace Christian School Board, administration, faculty and staff. GracePAC offers our skills and talents, insight, and feedback, while seeking mutual accountability in the education of our children and young adults.
The Parent Advisory Council of Grace Christian School will be guided by the following Core Values which find their basis in Scripture and in the life of Christ.
- Servant Leadership Jesus’s entire life demonstrated service leadership, and He calls all believers to follow His example in whatever sphere of influence they find themselves. As such, the GracePAC seeks to put this into practice in all its relationships in, around, and involving Grace Christian School.
- Supporting Scriptures: John 13:1-17, Philippians 2:5-10
- Unity As the Triune Godhead is in perfect unity, the Church, in fully focusing on Jesus Christ alone, is to be typified by this unity. In obedience to this, GracePAC desires to support and partner with the Grace Christian School Board the and the faculty, staff, and administration in the accomplishment of the mission, vision, and values of Grace Christian School, to the glory of God alone.
- Supporting Scriptures: John 17:1-26, Ephesians 4:1-16
- Integrity Commonly defined as “who you are when no one is looking”, integrity is the natural outcome of honesty, transparency, and excellence. As Jesus is our model in this, GracePAC will operate in truthfulness and openness in all that it does.
- Supporting Scriptures: James 1:19-25, John 5:19-24
- Agapē Love Agapē love is the highest form of love, and it is an attribute of God. Jesus said that His followers would be known by their demonstration of it, and Paul indicates that it is a gift of the Holy Spirit available to all believers. GracePAC will seek to keep this focus in all that it does in partnership with the school board and the faculty, staff, and administration of Grace Christian School
- Supporting Scriptures: 1 John 4:7-21, John 13:34-35, 1 Corinthians 12:31-13:13
- Humility The beauty of humility comes through submission and it is the natural outcome of a life that is submitted to the lordship of Christ. Christ Himself is also our model in this as He submitted to the Father while He was on earth. In our human relationships we are called to submit to one another, and GracePAC will endeavor to demonstrate humility in all its interactions, activities, and relationships.
- Supporting Scriptures: John 6:35-40, Ephesians 5:21, Philippians 2:5-10
Leadership and Representation
The Parent Advisory Council of Grace Christian School will be led and represented by a Leadership Team consisting of two parents and two staff members, and will adhere to the following:
- Term of service is a minimum of one (1) academic-year with a maximum service of four (4) academic-years.
- From the leadership team, a chairperson and co-chair will be selected.
- Following the departure of a Leadership Team member(s) the remaining team members will select potential candidates, interview them, vote and move the unanimous recommendation to the School Board for approval.
- All leaders of GracePAC must sign the Grace Christian School Statement of Faith and Declaration (See Appendix A).
The Parent Advisory Council will mobilize and enlist the help, assistance, and feedback of the network of families that attend Grace Christian School. The Parent Advisory Council will engage all who are considered Stakeholders of Grace Christian School by virtue of their investment of their time and/or their resources, in addition to their investment of their children and young adults. Stakeholders may include not only the parents and families of Grace Christian School students, but also the staff, administration and School Board members.
- Encourage fellowship, mutual support, and cooperation among the school board, faculty, staff, and administration and parents and families.
- Support communication between parents, administration, and the school board.
- Prioritize support for the Advancement Department
- Prioritize the growth of volunteer support in the classrooms, at events, and through sharing God given skills, talents, and gifts with the school community
- Pray for both the AGC Elders in their spiritual oversight role and the leadership of all the churches in the greater Anchorage area represented by Grace families, as well as the school board, faculty, staff, administration, and families of Grace Christian School.
Goals and Objectives
- Pursue effective involvement of all parents and families in supporting and partnering with the school board, faculty, staff and administration.
- Involve parents and families in an organized and timely manner in meeting the multi-various needs of the school and school community
- Recruit parents and families to meet these multi-various needs.
- Provide clear information and communication to the school board and the parents and families when questions, concerns, or ideas arise.
- GracePAC Stakeholders Meetings: The Parent Advisory Council will meet monthly as discussed above.
- Faculty, staff, administration monthly breakfast: GracePAC will provide a monthly breakfast for faculty and staff in the efforts to provide a highly enriched time of connection
- Faculty, staff, administration monthly dinner: GracePAC will provide dinner to faculty, staff, and administration in efforts to facilitate participation at the monthly school board meeting
- Attendance at monthly school board meeting: GracePAC will attend monthly school board meetings and will work to mobilize as many parents as are willing to attend.
- Quarterly school board meetings:The GracePAC Leadership Team may meet quarterly with the school board or with representatives of the school board to maintain dialogue and communication.