- must be prescribed by a licensed healthcare provider with prescriptive authority in the State of Alaska.
- must be provided in the original pharmacy labeled container.
- must not be expired.
- must be provided by the parent/guardian.
- must have the proper forms completed and on file in the nurses clinic signed by the healthcare provider.
- are only administered by the school nurse (emergency medications are the only exception & must have the proper forms completed).
- must be reviewed and approved for administration by the school nurse.
- that are needed for field trips must be provided with the proper documentation to be reviewed by the school nurse at least 48 hours before the trip is to occur.
No over the counter medications may be carried by any student at school or during school activities. Please know that we have Tylenol/Acetaminophen, Motrin/Ibuprofen, Benadryl/Diphenhydramine, Aleve/Naproxen, and Tums/Calcium Carbonate in the nurses clinic. Should you want your student to have these available during the school day for the nurse to administer you must give permission to treat as well as acknowledge yes/no to the permissions in the Renweb family portal. You may also complete the Medical Information Sheet available at the Back to School event or anytime from the Nurses' office.
(ie. cough drops, essential oils, etc.) will not be given at school according to state law. In compliance with nursing regulations, school nurses should not administer ORAL herbal supplements to students at school. Students will not be allowed to carry them on their person either. Not administering a product in school does not prevent parents from administering it at home or coming to school to administer it themselves.
This is for students that require the nurse to administer medication daily during the school day for 15 or more days.
This is for students needing to carry emergency meds (ie: epinephrine, inhalers, diabetes medications or other emergency time sensitive medications). Students may not carry any other medications!
This is for field trips that students will require to take their medications to (ie: Outdoor Ed, Fall retreats, day hikes, etc.). Please have these completed and turned in at least 48 hours before the trip. This is in addition to the field trip permission slip provided by the teacher.